Creating a foundation of inclusivity
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
It is no secret the airline industry has been an exclusive club, both in the cockpit and the front office. Within the last few years, we have seen the beginning of a revolution in travel with airlines and channel partners focusing their attention on and allocating resources toward solving problems related to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
At ATPCO, part of our mission is to be the airline industry's trusted partner in driving innovation. This innovation is not possible without diversity.
Our people are united by our values of trust, empowerment, learning, innovation, collaboration, and transparency. Together we strive to create an environment where individuals of any sex, race, nationality, religion, age, ability, marital status, gender identity, or sexual orientation feel comfortable to be themselves and are celebrated for their uniqueness.
This isn’t just the right thing to do. It is the best practice for unlocking our human potential and driving innovation within our industry.
While we have made strides with value-based initiatives such as ATPCO’s Lead from the Front program that focused on developing women leaders, we recognize the need to level up. We have established new internal DEI Steering and Corporate Social Responsibility Councils, and during Elevate, we are taking our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion a step further by activating our commitment to these principles.
To foster an environment where all feel welcome, we are taking the following steps:
- Pronoun options in the Elevate conference registration form
- Gender balance of speakers
- Geographic balance of speakers
- Regionalized programming Dedicated DEI sessions (check out this year’s “Ethical algorithms: How improving your AI diversity, equity, and inclusion can protect your business” session)
- Programs and efforts to support DEI within our organization
It takes a concerted effort to overcome unconscious biases and challenge the status quo. We hope our commitment to these values will set a standard of inclusivity for all future industry events.
Creating a greener tomorrow
Our commitment to sustainability
ATPCO is committed to sustainable practices that reach across all events, the biggest of which is Elevate, where we’re taking the environmental impact seriously. At Elevate 2022, we are managing our environmental footprint by considering the environmental impact with every decision. Here are a few of the efforts we’re taking to make Elevate a sustainable event:
- Eliminating single-use plastic water bottles
- Removing to-go containers and utensils
- Providing accessible recycling options throughout the conference.
- Partnering with sponsors to ensure promotional materials are donated for reuse by local schools
We are also working closely with the Renaissance staff to ensure food, water, and energy waste is properly managed, and we will be donating unused materials to local schools.
This is just the beginning. ATPCO is committed to proactively managing our environmental footprint, and we hope you’ll join us by reducing, reusing, and recycling as much as possible during Elevate 2022.
Creating a healthy, safe environment for all
Our commitment to health and safety
The pandemic is still affecting the world and we recognize you may have concerns about attending Elevate in person. The health and safety of our attendees and staff is our top priority. ATPCO is closely monitoring and following the US government’s COVID-19 regulations and recommendations during the conference. This means that currently, there is no mask or vaccination requirement to attend Elevate 2022. However, we will incorporate various precautions to keep our attendees and staff safe and comfortable without adversely affecting Elevate’s networking opportunities.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Asking all attendees who are eligible (although not required) to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines
- Encouraging all attendees to wear masks (although not required) to fit their level of comfort
- Asking all attendees to wash their hands frequently, especially before and after meals
- Providing color-coded stickers for all attendees to add to their registration badge to help communicate their preferred physical distance during interactions:
- Red = Greet from six feet
- Yellow = Elbows only
- Green = Handshakes and high fives
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space
- Providing attendees with reusable water bottles
- Continual and frequent cleaning of all areas by the venue staff
- Asking any attendees with symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home and follow all recommendations for quarantine/isolation
- Asking any attendees who recently tested positive or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 to stay home and follow all recommendations for quarantine/isolation
- Closely monitoring travel guidelines outlined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please consult the CDC’s guidelines before traveling.
If you are not comfortable attending Elevate 2022 in person, don’t worry! All Elevate sessions will be available on demand one week after the conference ends. If you are registered for Elevate, you will get an email with all the details.
If you have more questions or concerns about our COVID-19 protocols, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.